The Caregiver is responsible for assisting with client care/ companionship as well as other work in the “home”, which supports the client environment. Work will include components of direct patient care, nutrition, observation, documentation, and companionship. Adheres to the principles of exceeding expectations and the philosophy and mission of Senior1Care in all aspects of job performance.
Job Description Details:
1. Actively demonstrates Senior1Care mission and core values and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values and mission.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to client health, and safety.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service/care appropriate to the age of the client served, in accordance with Senior1Care standards.
4. Prioritizes activities of daily living and other cares as deemed necessary.
5. Communicates significant changes in client status following the protocol.
6. Initiates appropriate measures to ensure safety/well-being of client.
7. Serves/prepares meal to client. Aids and feeds client as needed. Accommodates special requests when possible.
8. Maintains cleanliness, organization, and safety of the client environment.
9. Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to client, family, employees, and Senior1Care business.
10. Demonstrates general working knowledge of computers
11. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: The level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through the completion of high school level courses. Ability to read, write, and spell English.
Licensure: None Needed
Experience: We will train
· Other Job Requirements:
· Have a general working knowledge of computers and company specific software.
· Ability to perform as a team member, supporting a client focused environment in all interactions with patients, families and visitors.
· Knowledge of methods of maintaining a safe, working environment.